About the Job
Position: Business Development Lead / Director
Full Time, Onsite NW Calgary
NanoTess is transforming health care with the use of their novel nanomaterials to improve patient outcomes. As a social enterprise NanoTess aims to bring these products to all who need them by reducing barriers that limit accessibility and affordability for patients. Our proprietary nanomaterial, NanoKARE™ is a novel nano-structured material that is designed to effectively reduce the thresholds needed to achieve optimal healing outcomes, modulate healthy inflammation, and provide safe and effective broad-spectrum antimicrobial and biofilm protection. When deployed in an easy to apply and manage matrix gel, NanoKARE™ enables the power of our product NanoSALV Catalytic Advanced Wound Care Treatment Matrix. NanoTess has multiple novel materials designed to improve the quality of life of people who need it most; however, wound care is NanoTess’ first step in transforming the future through nanotechnology innovation.
Who We Are
The people at NanoTess are creative innovators, with big hearts. We come from a variety of backgrounds and carry a wealth of expertise across multiple industries, including material science, engineering, biotech, medical and finance. What we all have in common is an intense passion for the work we do and the people our technology has been designed to help. After being faced with difficult health care decisions for loved ones, our founders launched NanoTess as a values-based, social enterprise committed to providing affordable and accessible nanotechnology innovations to all those who need them. By focusing on
patient-first solutions, we offer cutting-edge technologies that bring value to all stakeholders. Our hiring goal is to continue to build and grow a strong, effective team, while maintaining our passionate, caring, and innovative company culture.
We are looking for a new team member with experience in management consulting and interest in life sciences, entrepreneurship, business development, sales & marketing, and leadership. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead and support NanoTess’ strategic priorities across several critical business areas. We work in a fast-paced environment, so you always have the opportunity to explore new areas of the business and contribute to different projects.
Potential Activities May Include:
- Work with NanoTess leadership to identify and evaluate key business growth opportunities and execute continuous improvement / business development projects.
- Develop business strategies, facilitating partner outreach and project management, and synthesize recommendations / frame critical strategic choices in presentation materials and other types of deliverables.
- Coordinate and oversee strategic projects in marketing and sales, customer enablement, business development and/or people & teams including designing and facilitating processes for change and implementation.
- Build relationships with new and existing NanoTess client / partner organizations. This includes identifying and onboarding new clients / partners, implementing / integrating our technology into customer / partner processes to meet their organizational needs, and following up with customers / partners to enable and drive product utilization and effectiveness.
- Lead marketing activities including refining and executing the 2024 marketing plan, developing new resources to support NanoTess customers, informing content for social media and digital awareness, and identifying / executing digital advertising opportunities.
- Build and support the execution of go-to-market strategies and new product launch campaign for NanoTess’ new product lines.
- Participate or lead grant applications and/or project execution for specific grant funded projects.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Experience working in management consulting; ideally in a senior consultant or manager equivalent role.
- Willingness to work in ambiguous situations common in the startup environment.
- Leadership qualities – self-starter and experience leading yourself and others.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities with a desire to be lifelong learners.
- Excellent communication skills with a patient-first mindset.
- Commitment to quality, patient, ethical and safety standards.
NanoTess Inc. | Recruitment