- What is Personal Information?
- Personal Information that we Collect.
- Other Information that we Collect.
- Use of Personal Information.
- Promotional and Transactional Messages.
- Disclosure of Personal Information.
- Transfer of Personal Information.
- Disclosure of Aggregated Data.
- Keeping Information.
- Security & Protection of Information.
- Access to Information; Withdrawing Consent.
- Links to Third Party Websites
- Contact Information.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information that is included in section 17 below. Please note that if you choose to withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with our products and communications, including access to and use of our Services.
- What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about, relating to, or that identifies a specific individual. Under certain laws that may apply to you, personal information may also include information that identifies a specific household or device.
- Personal Information that we Collect
Information that you directly submit to us through our Services may include:
- Basic contact details including your name, address, phone number, email.
- Order information including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment confirmation, email address, phone number.
- Account information including your username, password, security questions.
- Shopping information including the items you view, put in your cart or add to your wishlist.
- Customer support information including the information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message through the Services.
Some features of the Services may require you to directly provide us with certain information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features.
You are not required to create a user account or provide any personal information to us in order to visit our website. In cases where your personal information is required, the consequences of not providing us with your personal information will be that the applicable Services may not be provided. Please note that your decision not to provide us with certain personal information that we request may result in us not being able to provide our Services to you.
To purchase NanoTess products you will need to provide us with the following personal information:
- Your Name
- Your Email Address
- Your Phone Number
- Your Mailing Address
This information will be collected and securely stored by NanoTess. Firstly, this information will be used to fulfill your order and provide you with our products. Secondly, as required to comply with medical device regulations, this information will be collected to ensure product traceability. This means that we will use this information if we need to contact you to inform you of a product recall.
Communications, Feedback, and Support
We also collect your personal information when you contact us for support, provide us with feedback, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information that we collect will depend on what personal information that you choose to provide to us.
- Health Information that we Collect
In addition to the personal information that you provide to us, we may collect health information if you choose to participate in a product evaluation with us. Health information will be provided voluntarily by you during a product evaluation. This information, should you choose to share it, will be securely stored, and collected in a manner the reduces identifiable information. Consent to sharing health information and its specific uses will be entered into a separate consent agreement. We use this information to monitor the performance of our products and for our other business purposes, including to improve our Services.
- Cookies, Shopify and Google Analytics
Category 1 – Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to browse around our websites and use their features. Without these cookies, services like shopping baskets and billing cannot be provided.
Category 2 – Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how you use our websites – for instance, which pages you go to most. This data may be used to help optimize our websites and make them easier for you to navigate. These cookies are also used to let affiliates know if you came to one of our websites from an affiliate and if your visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service from us, including details of the product purchased. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Category 3 – Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make while browsing. For instance, we may store your geographic location in a cookie to ensure that we show you our website localized for your area. The information these cookies collect will not personally identify you.
Most browsers automatically accept Cookies by default, but you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject Cookies through your browser controls. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking Cookies can negatively impact your user experience and may cause some of the Services, including certain features and general functionality, to work incorrectly or no longer be available. Additionally, blocking Cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners.
- Payment Processing & Third Party Vendors
If you choose to make a purchase on or through the third party vendors linked through our website and Services, the third party vendors and/or third party payment processors will collect and use your personal information, such as your credit card number, name, billing address, and other related payment information to process the transaction. The collection and use of your personal information by these third parties is subject to their respective privacy policies. We encourage you to review their privacy policies before providing such third parties with your payment information and completing the transaction.
- Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information that we collect to (i) provide you with the functionality and communications that are available through our website and Services; and (ii) enable us to manage, maintain, and develop our operations. For example, we use information to:
- establish, maintain, and manage our relationship with you, including by assisting you to create an account, communicate with us, and provide you with the Services that you request;
- allow you to participate in, subscribe to, and receive information, news, updates, and promotional materials from us and third parties;
- comply with your requests and preferences regarding your use of our Services and the manner in which we communicate with you;
- as required to comply with medical device regulations, we use information to ensure product traceability for product recall purposes, should they occur;
- protect us against error, fraud, theft, and damage to our Services, business, and property;
- conduct analysis and evaluations to understand the way our Services are used and to improve our Services and general operations;
- enable us to comply with applicable laws and regulatory purposes; and
- any other reasonable purpose to which we may notify you of, or to which you consent.
By consenting to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information through our website and Services you allow us to fulfill the purposes for which we collect and use your personal information.
- Promotional and Transactional Messages
We will collect your consent prior to sending you promotional emails and other electronic messages (e.g., texts, direct messages), unless an exception to obtaining your consent applies under applicable laws. You will have an opportunity to opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving promotional messages from us at any time. Promotional messages include, but are not limited to, our newsletter and updates about our Services or our partners’ Services.
By using our Services, you agree to receive transactional communications about your account and activities. For example, when you create an account or reset your password you may receive an email confirming the details of such activity. You may not opt-out of receiving these transactional communications.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose your personal information and other information in the manner and for the purposes that are described in the sections below.
Working with Third Parties
We may work with third parties that provide services to us that help us facilitate one or more aspects of the products, services, communications, or features that we offer to you on and through our website and Services. We may provide these third parties with your personal information directly or they may collect your personal information from you on our behalf. For example, we may use a third-party payment processor to process payments made on or in connection with our Services. These service providers may also send you communications on our behalf.
Legal Requirements and Emergency Situations
Your personal information may also be disclosed
- as permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- to comply with valid legal processes such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order;
- during emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or a group of persons; and
- for any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent to disclose your personal information.
- Transfer of Personal Information
- Disclosure of Aggregated Data
We may disclose aggregated, non-personal information and related usage information, which does not contain any personal information that can identify you, with third parties, including our customers, clients, partners, advertisers, service providers, vendors, suppliers, and content providers.
- Keeping Personal Information
We do not keep your personal information forever. We will keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary for us to complete our dealings with you, or as may be required by law, whichever is longer.
- Security and Protection of Personal Information
We endeavour to maintain commercially reasonable physical, technological, and procedural safeguards that are appropriate based on the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or destruction. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” In addition, any information you send to us may not be secure while in transit. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.
Please advise our Privacy Officer immediately of any incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of your personal information that is relevant to your use of our Services.
- Access to Personal Information; Withdrawing Consent
Depending on where you live, you may have some or all of the rights listed below in relation to your personal information. However, these rights are not absolute, may apply only in certain circumstances and, in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Right to Access / Know. You may have a right to request access to personal information that we hold about you, including details relating to the ways in which we use and share your information.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request that we delete personal information we maintain about you.
- Right to Correct. You may have a right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
- Right of Portability. You may have a right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to request that we transfer it to a third party, in certain circumstances and with certain exceptions.
You may exercise any of these rights where indicated on our Site or by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. We may need to collect information from you to verify your identity, such as your email address or account information, before providing a substantive response to the request. In accordance with applicable laws, You may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require that the agent provide proof you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us. We will respond to your request in a timely manner as required under applicable law.
You can ask to access the personal information that we have about you. If you want to review, verify, delete or correct your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer. We may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. If you require assistance in preparing your request, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are situations where applicable law allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, your personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention practices. In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavour to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
- Links to Third Party Websites
Our Services may contain links to other websites, including but not limited to social media websites, that may be subject to less stringent privacy standards. These links are provided for your convenience only and you assume all risk for clicking these links to other websites. We cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties that operate these websites. We are not responsible for how such third parties collect, use or disclose your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal information.
If you have complaints about how we process your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, depending on where you live you may have the right to appeal our decision by contacting us using the contact details set out below, or lodge your complaint with your local data protection authority.
32 Royal Vista Dr NWCalgary, AB, CanadaT3R0H9
**If you choose to communicate with us via email, please be aware that email is not a 100% secure medium for sending any personal or confidential information to us.**